Facebook Deactivated My Account | New 2019

To say that Facebook plays a large part in my life is a little an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media manager. Not just do I use it to stay connected with friends and family-- but I'm for life adding web content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Facebook Deactivated My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Visualize my shock when I attempted to sign into Facebook one morning only to obtain the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that also suggest?

I attempted to visit with one more web browser as well as I obtained the exact same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a form entry page for those desiring to write to Facebook regarding their handicapped account, as well as I emailed them primarily asking why my account was impaired as well as how I can obtain gain access to back to the many web pages I'm an admin for. I described that I handle a selection of pages for clients, and was always conscious about the web content I uploaded-- after all, my moms and dads are on Facebook as well.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an email to the buddies who's email addresses I actually had and discussed what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were only able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that e-mail were categorized into 3 various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political stuff (I like Ron Paul and shared content regarding #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I read up on a few of the short articles by others who have actually had their accounts impaired to figure out why mine was suddenly pulled-- without alerting I ought to include. The publishing dates on the posts span the life time of Facebook, showing that the firm has actually permanently been on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some write-ups by well-known bloggers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered that they disabled. For the rest people, we're generally on our own.

Checking out these write-ups really did not instill much hope in me or my situation. The awareness of what I shed was beginning to embed in too.

Over the years I had computers accident, taken, lost, etc. as well as rely upon Facebook to organize all my travel and also party images. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my photos on Facebook for my friends and family members to view at their discretion? There were well over 2000 images, countless video clips, article (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with lots of that were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a really bleak circumstance as I further realized just what was shed.

I had to regain accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my customers, as well as also for my very own enterprises. Many of my web pages' admin access were shown to a companion and also were easily set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shared with my customers, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and truly so. I, as well, would certainly question the person I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still don't have a solution to that concern. "I have no idea" is the response I still provide, due to the fact that its real. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason why my account was disabled. After reviewing the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, post sexual content, pester anyone. so why they removed me really did not make good sense. Just after I check out various other articles did I recognize a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the same, but led to various than the rest of my family members. I also had a customer that lately used a contest promotion to boost their email list. According to Facebook promotional standards, competitions can just be worked on Facebook via either apps: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest had not been exactly organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's website), as well as the champion was informed using e-mail (you can not introduce winners on your wall surface), I was certain this was the upseting activity which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Bye-bye'.

Now it was about a week considering that I at first created Facebook that eventful early morning, and I still had not gotten a reply. I reviewed the web page permitting me to call Facebook, and also explained that I now had a far better suggestion regarding why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never ever to do something like that once again (was it truly that bad??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and waited once more. After a couple of more days I understood something. something very important-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the email because it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent out one more e-mail to Facebook, this time around letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this email, I would have never obtained it.

A couple of days later I lastly obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only response I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I make sure there must be somebody there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us again.' OK Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never know if/when they'll determine to delete you.
2. Don't handle your different client's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you won't shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a pal" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month because I had my account handicapped, and had great deals of time to review the experience. I have not tried to get in touch with Facebook directly given that I received the email from Javier, however I did start the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I want Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I take care of a few MU sites and also if you desire a person off your website, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account and also to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the website-- No pictures to share or tag-- No posts to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook should permit those that they disabled to download their account, letting them retrieve their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their pals status updates (as opposed to 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit more mature around-- especially with their IPO revealed. I'm in fact considering buying stock just so they will have to listen to my grievance-- at the minimum I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so how?