My Facebook Account is Deactivated | New 2019

To state that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social media manager. Not only do I use it to correspond with loved ones-- but I'm permanently including web content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my surprise when I attempted to sign into Facebook one morning only to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that also indicate?

I tried to visit with another internet browser and I obtained the very same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a form submission web page for those wishing to write to Facebook regarding their handicapped account, as well as I emailed them essentially asking why my account was impaired and just how I can obtain access back to the numerous web pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I handle a range of web pages for customers, and also was constantly conscious regarding the web content I published-- besides, my parents are on Facebook too.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the close friends who's email addresses I really had and also discussed what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were only able to be spoken to by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that e-mail were classified into three different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you posted political stuff (I such as Ron Paul and shared web content about #OWS).
- Perhaps someone flagged you.

I check out some of the articles by others who have had their accounts impaired to discover why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without advising I need to include. The posting dates on the write-ups cover the life time of Facebook, showing that the company has for life been on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some write-ups by renowned blog owners or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook users had their profiles and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook found who they disabled. For the rest people, we're primarily on our very own.

Checking out these write-ups really did not instill much hope in me or my scenario. The realization of what I lost was beginning to set in as well.

Throughout the years I had computer systems crash, swiped, lost, etc. as well as depend on Facebook to host all my traveling and event images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not publish all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to see at their discretion? There were well over 2000 images, countless videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with lots of that were all shed when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a very grim circumstance as I better realized just what was lost.

I had to regain accessibility to Facebook to manage the pages for my clients, as well as likewise for my own enterprises. Much of my web pages' admin gain access to were shown to a companion as well as were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Several of the Facebook pages admin gain access to were shown to my customers, whom I needed to call to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and truly so. I, also, would certainly examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have an answer to that question. "I have no idea" is the answer I still provide, since its true. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason my account was impaired. After reviewing the factors Facebook handicapped accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add individuals, article sex-related content, harass anybody. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Only after I review various other short articles did I recognize a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the same, but meant various than the remainder of my family. I additionally had a client who lately made use of a competition promotion to boost their email list. According to Facebook advertising standards, contests can only be worked on Facebook with a couple of applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page and it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition had not been specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's web site), and also the winner was notified by means of e-mail (you can not reveal winners on your wall surface), I was confident this was the offending activity which had me ushered off Facebook without so much as a 'Adieu'.

Now it was about a week given that I at first composed Facebook that fateful morning, and I still hadn't received a reply. I revisited the page permitting me to call Facebook, as well as described that I currently had a far better idea about why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I vowed never to do something like that once more (was it actually that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once more. After a few more days I understood something. something very essential-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the email due to the fact that it was set to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Extreme.

So I sent out one more e-mail to Facebook, this time letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did call me prior to this email, I would certainly have never obtained it.

A few days later I lastly obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only feedback I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent reaction-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, yet I make sure there need to be a person there with far better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll determine to delete you.
2. Do not manage your various customer's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you won't lose them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders who's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a good friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month considering that I had my account handicapped, and had lots of time to review the experience. I have not attempted to contact Facebook directly considering that I obtained the e-mail from Javier, but I did start the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I want Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU sites and also if you desire a person off your website, of course delete them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the website-- No images to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their good friends standing updates (instead of 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature in this field-- specifically with their IPO revealed. I'm in fact taking into consideration buying stock so they will certainly have to listen to my problem-- at the very least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and also if so just how?