My Facebook Account Was Disabled | New 2019

To claim that Facebook plays a huge component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social networks supervisor. Not only do I utilize it to interact with family and friends-- but I'm forever adding content to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Was Disabled



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my surprise when I attempted to sign right into Facebook one early morning only to get the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that also suggest?

I attempted to visit with another internet browser as well as I got the exact same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a type submission web page for those wanting to write to Facebook regarding their handicapped account, and also I emailed them generally asking why my account was disabled and how I can obtain accessibility back to the various pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I manage a range of pages for customers, as well as was always conscious concerning the content I published-- nevertheless, my moms and dads get on Facebook too.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an email to the good friends who's e-mail addresses I in fact had and also discussed what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that e-mail were categorized right into three various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it because you posted political stuff (I like Ron Paul as well as common content about #OWS).
- Maybe somebody flagged you.

I research several of the articles by others that have actually had their accounts handicapped to discover why my own was unexpectedly pulled-- without warning I ought to add. The publishing dates on the posts extend the life time of Facebook, showing that the business has actually for life gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some posts by renowned blog writers or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook found that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're essentially on our own.

Reviewing these write-ups really did not impart much hope in me or my circumstance. The understanding of what I lost was starting to embed in as well.

For many years I had computer systems accident, swiped, lost, etc. and also count on Facebook to organize all my traveling as well as celebration pictures. The website isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not publish all my photos on Facebook for my friends and also household to watch at their discretion? There were well over 2000 images, numerous videos, post (notes), plus all the contacts (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with many that were all shed when Facebook impaired my account). This was looking to be a very stark situation as I better understood just what was shed.

I needed to reclaim access to Facebook to manage the pages for my clients, and likewise for my very own ventures. Much of my pages' admin access were shown a partner and were conveniently set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shown my customers, whom I had to call to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and also truly so. I, as well, would examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still don't have an answer to that inquiry. "I have no idea" is the answer I still offer, due to the fact that its true. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason why my account was disabled. After reviewing the factors Facebook disabled accounts on their page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, article sexual content, pester anyone. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Only after I read other articles did I recognize a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, however led to different than the remainder of my household. I also had a customer that lately utilized a contest promo to increase their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook promotional standards, contests can only be worked on Facebook through one of two applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the competition had not been specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and also the victor was notified by means of email (you can not announce winners on your wall surface), I was confident this was the angering action which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Adieu'.

At this point it had to do with a week since I originally created Facebook that eventful morning, and I still had not received a reply. I revisited the web page enabling me to speak to Facebook, and also explained that I currently had a far better concept about why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I promised never ever to do something like that once more (was it actually that bad??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off as well as waited again. After a couple of more days I understood something. something very vital-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever received the email because it was readied to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent out another e-mail to Facebook, this time around letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did call me before this email, I would have never received it.

A few days later on I finally obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' business, but I make certain there need to be someone there with far better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never recognize if/when they'll determine to remove you.
2. Don't handle your numerous customer's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets erased, you won't lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders who's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a close friend" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month considering that I had my account impaired, and had lots of time to review the experience. I have not tried to call Facebook straight considering that I received the email from Javier, however I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling plan? Nope.

I take care of a few MU websites and also if you desire somebody off your website, of course delete them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded web content onto the website-- No photos to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook ought to permit those that they disabled to download their account, letting them recover their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their good friends condition updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit elder in this field-- particularly with their IPO introduced. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock so they will certainly need to listen to my complaint-- at the very least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and if so exactly how?